Help protect your gentle giant from parasitic pests and the potentially harmful diseases they can transmit with K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Treatment for Extra Large Dogs. This broad-spectrum, veterinarian-recommended treatment is specifically formulated to repel and kill fleas, ticks and mosquitoes on contact with no painful biting required. It further kills all life stages of fleas to prevent re-infestation, and even kills lice while also repelling biting flies. The waterproof formula for puppies and dogs 7 weeks or older and weighing 55 pounds or more continues working for up to four weeks, even after bathing or swimming.
- Broad-spectrum, veterinarian-recommended treatment repels and kills fleas, ticks and mosquitoes on dogs 7 weeks or older and weighing 55 pounds or more.
- Begins working within 12 hours and kills pests on contact.
- Kills all life stages of fleas to prevent re-infestation; also kills lice and even repels biting flies.
- Waterproof formula continues working for up to four weeks, even after bathing or swimming.
- Convenient, monthly topical application contains imidacloprid, permethrin and pyriproxyfen; available in packs of 2, 4 or 6 treatments.
USE ONLY ON DOGS AND PUPPIES 7 WEEKS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WEIGHING 55 LBS. OR MORE. DO NOT USE ON CATS. Do not get this product in dog’s eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rate, may occur after using ANY pesticide product on dogs. If signs persist, or become severe, consult a veterinarian immediately. If your animal is on medication, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product. Keep out of reach of children.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet’s coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Active Ingredients: Imidacloprid 8.80%, Permethrin 44.00%, Pyriproxyfen 0.44%.
How to open:
- Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
- Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to apply:
- Use only on dogs.
- Remove applicator tube from the package. Use scissors and peel down foil.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- The dog should be standing for easy application. The entire contents of the K9 Advantix II tube should be applied evenly on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
- Discard empty tube.
- In cases of severe pest infestations, retreatment is allowable earlier than 4 weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every 7 days. After pest control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
|Dog Weight||K9 Advantix II||Volume|
|UNDER 10 LBS||Small Dog||0.4 mL tube|
|11 – 20 LBS||Medium Dog||1.0 mL tube|
|21 – 55 LBS||Large Dog||2.5 mL tube|
|OVER 55 LBS||Extra Large Dog||4.0 mL tube|
About K9 Advantix II
Experience the Advantages of K9 Advantix II
Veterinarian-recommended K9 Advantix II kills fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and lice, and repels biting flies. Now you can help your dog fight these pesky pests through contact—no biting required. Convenient and easy to use, K9 Advantix II is for dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age or older. So help your pal get the effective protection he needs with all of the advantages of K9 Advantix II.
Why are Biting Bugs a Big Deal?
K9 Advantix II spreads over the skin and hair to kill and repel them through contact, meaning they do not have to bite to die. And if a flea, tick or mosquito is repelled, it cannot bite and transmit disease.
Why Choose K9 Advantix II?
Fleas, ticks and mosquitoes can negatively affect your pet’s health. It’s important to use an effective product that kills pests which can spread disease. Fleas can cause flea allergy dermatitis, an allergic reaction that can lead to constant scratching, severe itching and even hair loss. Ticks can transmit deadly diseases, such as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. And mosquitoes can potentially carry dangerous diseases, too, including heartworm*.
* K9 Advantix II should not be used in place of a heartworm disease prevention product.
Is K9 Advantix II the Right Choice for Your Dog?
Whether your dog is a winter snow hound or a summer backyard explorer, an sunseeker or an outdoor enthusiast, choose K9 Advantix II to help keep fleas, ticks and mosquitoes from interrupting his favorite activities year-round. If you want to return the love to your dog, take care of him with flea prevention that works to kill the fleas you see and the ones you don’t.
Best flea preventative I’ve used on my dogs –
I have 2 dogs, a doberman and an aussie lab mix, and this stuff is fantastic at keeping fleas off of them so they don’t being them in to my 4 cats. I have a bunch of catnip growing in my backyard to attract stray cats so I can TNR them more easily, but with stray cats comes fleas. The stuff I used before was okayish, but we still ended up having to give multiple flea baths to our dogs and cats every year. Since switching to this stuff, I haven’t found even a single flea all summer. I live in the south, and fleas are intense down here. Even though it’s expensive, I’m absolutely going to keep using this indefinitely.
Has worked great for 8 years! –
We have two Rotties and have been using this ever since they had a weird reaction to Nexguard when they were pups. We’ve adjusted the dose along the way, always give them a bath the day we are going to dose and we put it on right before bed and crate them to keep them from licking / accidentally getting the medicine on furniture. It’s usually absorbed in by next evening and they are able to sleep back in their beds w/ us in our room. They don’t like to be two feet from us or one another but are used to being crated when needed.
Works Great! –
I am not a big fan of applying this topical medication because there is so much product to apply for an extra large dog. However, we find this product to be very effective for our Golden Retriever. We do a lot of mountain hiking and want all of the protection this offers. The chewable tablets available today sound like they would be easier and less messy but they don’t repel as many insects and I am worried about the side effects of them. So we will stick with K9 Advantix II!
Quick acting –
Perfect for our Gerrman Shepherd, Tula, who weighs 73 lbs. It definitely keeps the fleas and ticks away.