Take a deep dive into your dog’s genetics with Embark Breed & Ancestry Identification, Trait & Health Detection Dog DNA Test Kit! With a simple and painless cheek swab, this DNA test can analyze over 200,000 genetic markers, providing you with detailed information about your dog, including breed type and family trees going back to great grandparents. This DNA test kit can even help you find his relatives! Embark is suitable for over 350 breeds and also offers important information about your furry friend’s health as it screens for over 200 genetic health conditions, allowing you to prepare and give him the paw-sonalized care he needs. After you send the sample in, you will receive the results through a personalized dashboard in just 2-4 weeks and you can share them with friends and family or print them for your next vet visit. Embark on a journey that can help you learn more about your pet’s genetics and overall health, so you can make the best choices for him and his future!
- This test uses a research-grade genotyping platform that was created with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. It screens more than 350 dog breeds, helping you find your pup’s genetic makeup.
- Tests for over 200 genetic diseases like glaucoma, MDR1 drug sensitivity, degenerative myelopathy, and common adult-onset diseases.
- Maps your pup’s family tree back to great grandparents and pairs your dog with similar breed mixes. Check out the profiles and photos of closely related breeds on the dashboard to see the resemblance between them and your furry friend!
- Helps you find and connect with other canine companions that share your dog’s DNA, including close and distance relatives.
- Embark is trusted by veterinary hospitals and partners with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. Receive your results between 2-4 weeks!
- Activate: Visit Embarkvet.com/activate. Updates will be sent to your email address.
- Swab: No eating for 30 minutes before sample collection. Swab the lower cheek pouches to fully soak the sponge.
- Bag: Drop your sample back into the bio-bag. Pull yellow strip and stick to sealing zone.
- Seal: With swab inside, use sticker strip at top of box to seal tightly.
- Mail your kit. The box is also your return mailer, with pre-paid postage on the back. Leave in any mailbox.