- Kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment of flea infestations on dogs, weighing 25.1-125 pounds and 4 weeks of age and older. For dogs, puppies, cats and kittens 2-25 pounds of body weight, use Capstar 11.4 mg tablets.
- Use when pets are likely to be exposed to fleas, such as in dog parks, at shows, or other areas.
- Safe to give as often as once daily if re-infestation occurs.
- Kills adult fleas on your dog within 4 hours of administration.
- Safe for pregnant or nursing dogs.
Always read, understand and follow label and use directions.
Fleas rise to the top of your pet’s coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 30 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
A single dose of Capstar Tablets should kill the adult fleas on your pet. If your pet gets re-infested with fleas, you can safely give another dose as often as once per day. Please refer to the package insert for complete information.
Capstar is safe for use in dogs, puppies, cats and kittens 2 pounds of body weight or greater and 4 weeks of age and older. Weigh your pet prior to administration to ensure proper usage. It is also safe for use in pregnant or breeding dogs and cats. Kills fleas for up to 24 hours, this is not to be used as a monthly preventative.
Store at controlled room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 – 25 degree C).