Epakitin for dogs and cats is a nutritional supplement designed to help slow down the progress of chronic kidney disease. Epakitin comes in a powder form and when used with a prescription renal diet, or mixed with regular food, Epakitin supports kidney function safely, and effectively.
- Nutritional supplement for cats and dogs to help slow down the progression of chronic kidney disease
- Great-tasting, easy-to-administer powder, just sprinkle over dry food or mix with a small amount of canned food
- Epakitin’s active ingredient, chitosan, is a natural polysaccharide derived from shells of shrimp and crab. This ingredient naturally binds phosphorus, which limits the absorption of phosphorus from the intestines and that limitation helps pets with chronic kidney disease by slowing down damage caused by the disease
- Effective as a phosphate binder, decreasing serum phosphorus levels and has been shown to reduce urea and creatinine levels
- Administration can be lifelong and there are no reported side effects
Consult with your veterinarian before use.
Lactose, Calcium Carbonate, Chitosan, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein.
- 1g /11 lbs body weight given orally in the morning and the evening. 1 level spoonful (provided) of the 60g & 180g jar contains 1g of Epakitin
- 1g/5kg body weight given orally in the morning and the evening mixed with food. One level spoonful (provided) of 300g jar contains 2.5 grams of Epakitin.
For use in cats and dogs. Allow free access to fresh water during administration. Administration can be life long. This is a nutritional supplement. Store in a cool dry place.