BLUE Basics Dog Food is a delicious, limited-ingredient diet made from fewer ingredients selected with care, that may prove helpful to dogs with food sensitivities. All BLUE Basics recipes start with real meat from a single animal protein source not often used in dog food, plus they include pumpkin and easily digested carbohydrates. BLUE Basics large breed formulas feature glucosamine and chondroitin to support large breeds’ joint function and overall mobility, plus taurine to help maintain their heart health.
- STARTS WITH REAL TURKEY: A recipe that starts with real turkey as the first ingredient, this large breed dog food features a single animal protein source along with potatoes, peas and pumpkin to support gentle digestion, making it a good option for dogs with a sensitive stomach.
- LIMITED INGREDIENT LARGE BREED DOG FOOD: BLUE Basics is a limited ingredient dog food that doesn’t contain any chicken, beef, corn, wheat, soy, dairy or eggs making it a good option for dogs with food sensitivities. Plus, it’s specifically formulated with glucosamine and chondroitin to support joint health in large breed dogs.
- WITH LIFESOURCE BITS: This formula contains BLUE’s exclusive LifeSource Bits® – a precise blend of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals carefully selected by holistic veterinarians and animal nutritionists to support immune system health, life stage requirements, and a healthy oxidative balance.
- NATURAL DOG FOOD: BLUE dry dog food is formulated for the health and well-being of your large breed dog and features the finest natural ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals. It never contains chicken (or poultry) by-product meals, corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives.
Deboned Turkey, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Peas, Turkey Meal, Potatoes, Pea Fiber, Natural Flavor, Canola Oil (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids), Pea Protein, Fish Oil (source of EPA-Eicosapentaenoic Acid), Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Pumpkin, Dried Chicory Root, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), L-Carnitine, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Sulfate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Vegetable Juice for color, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Blueberries, Cranberries, Barley Grass, Parsley, Turmeric, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Niacin (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Copper Sulfate, Biotin (Vitamin B7), L-Lysine, Vitamin A Supplement, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Dried Yeast, Manganese Sulfate, Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Dried Aspergillus niger fermentation extract, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, Chondroitin Sulfate, Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation extract, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid (Vitamin B9), Sodium Selenite, Oil of Rosemary.
Protein 20.0% Min, Fat 12.0% Min, Fiber 6.0% Max, Moisture 10.0% Max, Calcium 0.8% Min, Phosphorus 0.6% Min, Vitamin E 300IU/kg Min, Taurine* 0.1% Min, EPA 0.1% Min, Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 0.5% Min, Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 2.25% Min, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C)* 100mg/kg Min, L-Carnitine 100 mg/kg Min, Glucosamine* 700mg/kg Min, Chondroitin Sulfate* 550mg/kg Min.
3,504 kcal/kg, 352 kcal/cup
- 50 to 70 lbs 3 ¼ to 4 ¼ cups
- 71 to 100 lbs 4 ¼ to 5 ½ cups
- Over 100 lbs 5 ¼ cups* + ½ cup for each additional 20 lbs
Use a standard 8-oz. measuring cup.
Note: Individual dog’s requirements may vary due to age, breed, environment, and activity level. Adjust food as required to maintain optimal body condition, and ask your veterinarian if you are unsure.