This item used to be known as Purina Pro Plan FOCUS. As this item transitions, you may receive either bag. Getting a great start on life takes the same thing getting a great start on the day does: a tasty breakfast packed with everything a growing body needs! Purina Pro Plan Puppy Chicken & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food is made just for the new buddies on the block and packed with DHA-filled fish oil for cognitive development, calcium and phosphorous to grow strong teeth and bones, and plenty of protein from lean chicken for a toned and healthy body.
- Features chicken as the first ingredient for high-quality and muscle-building protein.
- Includes omega-rich fish oil with DHA for brain and vision development.
- Live probiotics and antioxidants help support your pup’s digestive and immune systems.
- Fortified with calcium, phosphorous and other important minerals to help build healthy bones and teeth.
- No artificial colors or flavors and will keep your puppy happy at mealtime.
Chicken, Rice, Poultry By-product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Beef Fat Preserved With Mixed-tocopherols, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Germ Meal, Dried Yeast, Fish Meal, Dried Egg Product, Natural Flavor, Fish Oil, Soybean Oil, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Mono And Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite], L-lysine Monohydrochloride, Vitamins [Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin (Vitamin B-3), Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B-5), Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B-1), Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B-2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B-6), Folic Acid (Vitamin B-9), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Biotin (Vitamin B-7)], Dried Bacillus Coagulans Fermentation Product, Garlic Oil. X445819.
Crude Protein (Min) 28.0%, Crude Fat (Min) 18.0%, Crude Fiber (Max) 3.0%, Moisture (Max) 12.0%, Linoleic Acid (Min) 1.6%, Calcium (Ca)(Min) 1.1%, Phosphorus (P)(Min) 0.8%, Vitamin A (Min) 15,000 IU/kg, Vitamin E (Min) 100 IU/kg, Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)*(Min) 0.05%. *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
4,188 kcal/kg, 456 kcal/cup
|Weight at Maturity||Daily Feeding (Cups) 1 1/2 – 3 months||4 – 5 months||6 – 8 months||9 – 11 months||1 – 2 years|
|3 – 12 LBS||1/2 – 2/3||2/3 – 1||1/2 – 1 1/4||Feed as Adult||Feed as Adult|
|13 – 20 LBS||1/2 – 1||1 1/4 – 1 1/2||3/4 – 1||1 – 1 1/4||1 – 1 1/4|
|21 – 50 LBS||1/2 – 1||1 1/2 – 2||1 1/4 – 2||2 – 2 1/4||2 – 3|
|51 – 75 LBS||1/2 – 1 3/4||1 1/2 – 3||1 1/3 – 3||2 1/2 – 3 1/3||2 3/4 – 4 2/3|
|76 – 100 LBS||1 – 2||2 – 3||3 – 4 3/4||4 – 5 1/4||5 3/4 – 8 1/4|
|OVER 100 LBS||2 plus 1/3 for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs||3 plus 1/3 for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs||4 3/4 plus 1/3 for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs||5 1/4 plus 1/3 for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs||8 1/4 plus 1/3 for each 10 lbs of body weight over 100 lbs|
- Puppies start to nibble solid foods at 3 – 4 weeks of age. Keep moistened Pro Plan available at all times. Allow your puppy to eat at will until fully weaned (6 – 8 weeks). After weaning, Pro Plan can be fed moistened or dry. For best results, develop a regular feeding schedule such as three small meals a day for younger puppies. You can gradually reduce to one feeding in the morning and one in the evening as your puppy ages. The routine should not vary. As puppies near adulthood, their calorie needs may drop, and your puppy may begin leaving some food in the bowl. Don’t misinterpret this as an indication of dislike for the food. Instead, begin offering less so your puppy doesn’t overeat and stays in ideal body condition.
- Nestle Purina research indicates that avoiding overfeeding of puppies may help their development. Maintaining ideal body condition is key to encouraging proper growth in all puppies, especially large breeds. The indicated amounts are only a guideline. If your puppy becomes overweight a reduction of your puppy’s daily food intake may be appropriate. You may wish to consult your veterinarian about a weight control program.
- Feeding for Reproduction: Pro Plan provides the extra nutrition needed by reproducing females in stages of gestation and lactation. Food consumption may vary during gestation, so feed the amount needed to maintain the pregnant female’s ideal body condition. Food intake may double or even quadruple during lactation.
- Provide adequate fresh water in a clean container daily. For your pet’s health, see your veterinarian regularly.
Making the Switch to Pro Plan: Although you’ll be anxious to see the difference Pro Plan can make in your dog, please allow 7 – 10 days to ease the transition from your dog’s current food. Each day, simply feed a little less of the previous food and a little more Pro Plan until you’re feeding Pro Plan exclusively. This gradual transition will help avoid dietary upsets.